Sunday, February 24, 2008

23 Feedback and reflections on the program

  • How could you draw on what you have learned in 23 Things to help you in your work?

I've incorporated a number of the 23 things into day to day work practice, and perhaps more into the sort of background awareness/professional updating that we need to engage in to keep our work relevant and engaged. google reader I hadn't used before but now I use, and I'm going to try using igoogle more.

  • How could the library use the technologies featured in 23 Things to improve its service?
We need to think how we can put our services out there, where the users are, in places like youtube and facebook, and we need to think of ways we can genuinely get more of a two way flow of content and information in the way our services are delivered.

  • How do you think the 23 Things program could be improved in the future?
I think the approach is good. I think its had a very positive impact in raising awareness of lots of the fundamental concepts, and its expanded everyone's awareness. Perhaps some of the tasks were a bit technical for some people, and the level of technical difficulties was offputting and perhaps defeated the intention.

  • Do you think you'll keep blogging or keep using any of the other tools you learned about?
Yep. I started another blog which alas is on holiday at the moment but I hope to pick it up again. Time is always a problem, and its easy to slide back to just using what you've always used.

1 comment:

Bonito Club said...

I just discovered there's a demo Facebook app for Primo

Part of the idea of putting Primo out where the users are.

tony